- This event has passed.
Securing Healthcare’s Interoperability Ecosystem
June 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC-5
This webinar will bring together executives Lee Barrett and Michael Parisi from two healthcare security powerhouses – EHNAC and HITRUST – for a crucial discussion on assuring the privacy and security of all stakeholders within healthcare’s interoperability ecosystem.
Joining the webinar is Dr. Tim Pletcher of the Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN), a collaboration dedicated to improving the healthcare experience for Michigan’s people by making valuable data available at the point of care.
The discussion will address the vital need to protect health information while highlighting best practices. This includes examining the ways organizations can leverage third-party assurance services to meet the privacy and security requirements outlined within the Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA). The speakers will address what appropriate assurances entail in the current climate, cyber insurance and liability’s role, and how consistency around standards and requirements function in this unique environment.
This discussion will also cover:
• Telehealth’s impacts on privacy and security and the role of third-party products and services
• The “Assess Once, Report Many” approach
• Need for common security standards across the ecosystem
• Flow-down requirements and business partner assurances
• TEFCA and the road to interoperability
• Lee Barrett, Executive Director and CEO, EHNAC
• Michael Parisi, VP of Adoption, HITRUST
• Dr. Tim Pletcher, Executive Director, MiHIN