The healthcare industry has many unique challenges and requirements in safeguarding and protecting information. The challenges span a variety of industry segments, business models, trading and business partner relationships, state and federal regulations, and consumer privacy expectations. While other forums and leadership councils exist to address the strategic and management issues of organizations, their agendas do not typically focus on the unique challenges and requirements of information security and their impact on information security executives within the healthcare industry.
To address this need, HITRUST has created the Leadership Roundtable. This program is intended exclusively for executives responsible for the protection of healthcare information and for the purpose of exploring, discussing, learning, collaborating and, where appropriate, agreeing upon a variety of topics relating to information security in the healthcare industry. The activities of and issues addressed by the Roundtable will provide vision and direction not only for HITRUST and the HITRUST CSF but for overall information security practices within the healthcare industry.
Participation in the Leadership Roundtable is limited to 60 organizations, representing 48 healthcare and 12 professional services, technology and information security companies and includes an enrollment fee. Benefits for participating organizations/members include:
- Unique opportunity for participants to interact and collaborate with other security executives across the various segments of the healthcare industry
- Influence the direction of information security for the industry
- Recognition as a leader in the healthcare industry
- Priority enrollment for HITRUST working groups and committees
- Participation in government advocacy and educational activities