One Framework, One Assessment, Globally.
The foundation of all HITRUST programs and services is the HITRUST CSF, a certifiable framework that provides organizations globally a comprehensive, flexible, and efficient approach to regulatory/standards compliance and risk management.
Developed in collaboration with data protection professionals, the HITRUST CSF rationalizes relevant regulations and standards into a single overarching security and privacy framework. Because the HITRUST CSF is both risk- and compliance-based, organizations of varying risk profiles can customize the security and privacy control baselines through various factors, including organization type, size, systems, and compliance requirements.
HITRUST understands data protection compliance and the challenges of assembling and maintaining the many and varied programs, which is why our integrated approach ensures the components are aligned, maintained, and comprehensive to support your organization’s information security management program. Due to this, HITRUST CSF has become a widely adopted security and privacy framework across industries globally.
Download the HITRUST CSF v11.0.0 free of charge.
The HITRUST CSF provides the structure, transparency, guidance, and cross-references to authoritative sources that organizations globally need to be certain of their data protection compliance. The initial development of the HITRUST CSF leveraged nationally and internationally accepted security and privacy-related regulations, standards, and frameworks–including ISO, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR–to ensure a comprehensive set of security and privacy controls, and continually incorporates additional authoritative sources. The HITRUST CSF standardizes these requirements, providing clarity and consistency and reducing the burden of compliance.
The commitment and expertise demonstrated by HITRUST ensures that organizations leveraging the framework are prepared when new security and privacy regulations and risks are introduced.
For more on understanding and leveraging the HITRUST CSF, click here.
HITRUST CSF v11.0.0 Overview
The HITRUST CSF v11.0.0 release contains the following enhancements:
- Added NIST SP 800-53 revision 5 mapping and selectable Compliance Factor
- Added Health Industry Cybersecurity Practices mapping and selectable Compliance Factor
- Refreshed NIST SP 800-171 mapping
- Refreshed NIST Cybersecurity Framework mapping
- Refreshed HIPAA Security Rule, Privacy Rule, and Breach Notification mapping
- All evaluative elements have been moved from the Policy Illustrative Procedure to the Requirement Statement
- Requirement Statement evaluative elements have been numbered in MyCSF
- Updated all Illustrative Procedure content
- Assorted errata updates consistent with the CSF Versioning Policy